6.5 lakh passengers evaluated at 30 Indian airports for Corona Virus
Goverment of India had started taking measures including screening much before the WHO has described the Virus outbreak as Public Health Emergency of International Issue (PHEIC) on 30 th January 2020, stated Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister( I/C), Civil Aviation. Addressing an interview on Corona Infection related concerns here today, Union Minister stated that screening of passengers coming from all parts of the world is presently being carried on at 30 Indian airports and 6,49,452 travelers have actually been screened. Secretary, MOCA, CMD, Air India, Chairman Airports Authority of India and DG, DGCA were likewise present.
Sh. Hardeep Singh Puri mentioned that universal screening of all inbound passengers originating from all parts of the world has begun at Indian aiports. After thermal screening, the passengers who reveal preliminary signs of fever, undergo complete testing and further in-depth procedure is carried out. He said that around 70,00 0 guests concerning India on a daily basis through airports from different parts of the world, are being screened. The Minister stated that variety of individuals brought back by Air India from Wuhan is654 Air India likewise revived 124 people consisting of 5 foreign nationals, who were on board the COVID-19 contaminated Cruise Ship Diamond Princess from Yokohoma, Japan. Indian Air Force likewise evacuated 112 people from Wuhan that included 35 nationals of Myanmar, Bangladesh, Maldives, China South Africa, USA and Madagascar.
Sh. Video conferencing is being prepared with the delegates outside India.
The Minister added that the evacuation of Indians from Iran is being prepared in consulation with the Ministry of Health and Government of Iran.
He even more added that conferences of Group of Ministers are held at regular intervals and four such conferences have taken location. The Minister stated that the Government, market, tourist sector are all working in cooperation.
- The Ministry of Civil Air travel has actually been helping the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare in taking steps to prevent spread of n-Coronavirus.
- The steps taken by the Ministry of Civil Air travel to avoid the spread of the virus are as under:
- Universal screening for coronavirus is being done at 30 airports having international operations. An overall of 6,49,452 passengers have been evaluated so far ( As on 5 March 2020 10: 00 hrs) from 6550 flights.
- All airports have been given stringent instructions that all travelers showing up from Worldwide flights will be screened by APHO right away once they step out of the specific recognized Aerobridge
- All airports operators shall recognize and allocate the aerobridge and offer the necessary facilities for the purpose of screening.
- Airport-wise Nodal Officers have been appointed at all the global airports and the list has actually been furnished to the Ministry of Health & Household Well-being to release needed guideline, if any, to the nodal officers at the airports directly with no delay.
- Signages: Signages have been shown at the designated places at all the airports having worldwide operations.
- Airlines have actually been advised for making in-flight announcements as per the directions of the Ministry of Health & Household Welfare. All the international guests are likewise being asked to fill the ‘Self Reporting Form’ in replicate, based on the instructions of the Ministry of Health and Family Well-being.
- Required guidelines have actually been issued to the airline companies by DGCA to bring the nCOV samples to the designated ICMR-NIV Pune Laboratory for testing.