6.5 lakh guests screened at 30 Indian airports for Corona Infection
Goverment of India had started taking measures consisting of evaluating much before the WHO has termed the Virus break out as Public Health Emergency Situation of International Concern (PHEIC) on 30 th January 2020, stated Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister( I/C), Civil Air Travel. Dealing with an interview on Corona Infection associated concerns here today, Union Minister said that screening of passengers originating from all parts of the world is presently being continued at 30 Indian airports and 6,49,452 guests have actually been screened. Secretary, MOCA, CMD, Air India, Chairman Airports Authority of India and DG, DGCA were also present.
Sh. Hardeep Singh Puri specified that universal screening of all inbound passengers coming from all parts of the world has begun at Indian aiports. After thermal screening, the guests who reveal preliminary indications of fever, are subjected to complete testing and further detailed procedure is carried out. He said that around 70,00 0 travelers concerning India every day through airports from various parts of the world, are being screened. The Minister said that number of individuals restored by Air India from Wuhan is654 Air India also brought back 124 people consisting of 5 foreign nationals, who were on board the COVID-19 contaminated Cruise Ship Diamond Princess from Yokohoma, Japan. Indian Flying force likewise evacuated 112 individuals from Wuhan which included 35 nationals of Myanmar, Bangladesh, Maldives, China South Africa, U.S.A. and Madagascar.
Sh. Hardeep Singh Puri even more notified that WINGS India 2020, a major occasion of Civil aviation sector arranged from 12 th to 15 th March 2020, will be hung on a truncated basis. Big public gatherings would be prevented. The local representatives would be attending the occasion. Video conferencing is being planned with the delegates outside India.
The Minister included that the evacuation of Indians from Iran is being planned in consulation with the Ministry of Health and Government of Iran.
He even more added that meetings of Group of Ministers are held at regular intervals and four such meetings have taken place. The Minister stated that the Federal government, market, tourism sector are all working in cooperation.
- The Ministry of Civil Air travel has actually been assisting the Ministry of Health & Family Well-being in taking procedures to avoid spread of n-Coronavirus.
- The steps taken by the Ministry of Civil Air travel to prevent the spread of the virus are as under:
- Universal screening for coronavirus is being done at 30 airports having international operations. An overall of 6,49,452 guests have actually been evaluated so far ( As on 5 March 2020 10: 00 hrs) from 6550 flights.
- All airports have actually been provided strict directions that all guests arriving from International flights will be screened by APHO instantly once they step out of the particular determined Aerobridge Separate Counters have actually been produced near these aerobridges for their screening. After the screening and clearance provided by APHO at these aerobridges, all guests shall be permitted to proceed towards Migration.
- All airports operators shall identify and earmark the aerobridge and supply the essential facilities for the purpose of screening.
- Airport-wise Nodal Officers have been selected at all the international airports and the list has been furnished to the Ministry of Health & Family Well-being to release needed direction, if any, to the nodal officers at the airports directly without any delay.
- Signages: Signages have been displayed at the designated places at all the airports having worldwide operations.
- Airlines have been advised for making in-flight statements as per the directions of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. All the worldwide passengers are likewise being asked to fill the ‘Self Reporting Kind’ in replicate, based on the instructions of the Ministry of Health and Family Well-being.
- Required guidelines have actually been provided to the airline companies by DGCA to carry the nCOV samples to the designated ICMR-NIV Pune Laboratory for testing.